28 May 2009

You want my autograph?? Well... if you insist!




HELLO!!! I know that most of us want more and more from C and her amazing trip, and if you haven't read the post before mine -- DO IT! I HAD to post something today. On Tuesday after classes a friend and I went to Pioneer Courthouse Square in Portland because we heard they were filming a movie. There are some people in this movie that you may have heard of, if you haven't been living under a rock your whole lives.

Let's see... HARRISON FORD!!!!! BRENDAN FRASER!!!!! KERI RUSSELL!!!!! They've been in town for a while now and this was the first day of confirmed filming that I was able to go to, so I was soooooooo excited. Originally my friend Casi had invited me to come with her {she is on the extras database (cause she wanted to be available for Twilight when they came back-only they didn't come back. sad.) she was told she could bring a friend - ME! but she ended up needing to go out of town... anyway, tmi?} So a girl I know from school heard about it too and knew that I would want to go, so we walked down there after classes.

We showed up and there were 400 other people there, sitting on the stairs and walking around the square.



Many of the people had been there all day. We found out that there was a check-in and you could sign up on their list and be an "official promo extra". Those that registered got a raffle ticket. Promo extras aren't paid, but they were passing out food and water and raffle drawings for things such as $100 gift certificates to Best Buy and $20 gift certificates to local restaurants. And as is the nature with movie sets (cause I'm an old pro at this now!), there was a whole lot of waiting. As I munched on my Oatmeal Raisin Grandma's cookie, I scoped everything out and who do I see to my left, getting his makeup put on? See if you recognize him...



Have you seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off?? IT'S CAMERON!!!! Alan Ruck was also in Spin City with my love Michael J. Fox!

So, we knew that things were getting close...





As we were standing around, reveling in the sunshine and excitement, I looked over by Starbucks and who did I see???




Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen... It is Mr. Brendan Fraser himself!!!!!!! I saw him with my own two eyes (and even better after I put on my glasses) Although he doesn't look as toned and delicious as he did in Encino Man or George of the Jungle, he is still loved by one known as ME! We watched them film a scene of him walking with Cameron. They had sandwiches and sodas so I think they were on lunch. So while we were watching, my friend got a text from Alex, who was in the background of the scene. Disappointed that we hadn't gone to Starbucks with him, we meandered our way over there so we could be in the movie too. Well, they changed camera angles and we all had to move. The cutie security guy said that he ahd to tell everyone to move, "Not that you shouldn't be in the movie..." Seriously, how charming is that? We found our way back to the stairs and sat down. A bit later, they changed the shot again, and we had to move. They made everyone move to the floor of the square and then brought small groups of people up after that to be in the background. And who, you may ask, got to be in Mr. Brendan Fraser's movie?? ME, THAT'S WHO!!!! My friend and I were paired with a couple of other people to sit and talk to. They were totally cool. The guy we sat by has been in a commercial! And while we were sitting there, I looked over and who did I see??? A guy that had been in Twilight!! I didn't take a pic of him, but if you remember the restaurant scene when Edward tells Bella what the people are thinking. The interesting looking guy when he says "cat". He was TOTALLY there too! So we sat there for a while and then they told everyone they were doing a wide shot of the square and then they were done. We heard "That's a wrap!!" Then Mr. Brendan Fraser himself got on the mic and thanked everyone for coming and said how Portland was so awesome (BECAUSE IT IS!).

So now I can say that Brendan Fraser has thanked me for being in a movie with him! Sometimes I LOVE my life!



PS-Next week, I may have another opportunity to see him and I will try to actually shake his hand.

2 comments:

PappaSistas said...

oh my gosh...OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Danita you are my HERO!!!! OH MY GOSH...I am silently freaking out...if you can't tell...i love your guts and wish i could've been in the movie with you...now hopefully it's not rated 'r' cause then what kind of rep would you get? HOLY COW!!!!!!

PappaSistas said...

p.s. that was Casey