25 May 2009

The Children

I love love LOVE LOVE it here!!! and the best part about being here is spending time with the little orphans...although only half of the kids i spend time with are actually orphans, I want to introduce you to them all...I'll start with the youngest and work my way up every few posts.

Frederick
Fredrick is 3 years old he is very quiet and mostly just sits and observes, he doesn't always participate and hardly ever plays with the other children. But i guess he is only three, so you can't really expect a whole lot more...however he is smart, he seems like one of those kids who just knows things.

Brian
Brian is a little punk. he is sneaky and playful, quite adorable and very charming. Today he took two pencils, stuck them in his pocket and refused to give them back. When i took out the camera, if i wasn't taking pictures of him, he was trying to cover up the lens so i couldn't take pictures of anyone else...like i said, a punk.

Peter
Peter truly is one of my top favorites. I love to make funny faces at him because he tries to make them right back. He is full of life. and actually yesterday he left the orphanage. He and his two siblings (Anthony and Mary) were brought to the orphanage last July when their mother ran away from their abusive father and the father abandoned them. Just last week their mother found them at the orphanage and yesterday got the papers to have them returned to her...i will miss them, but i am happy their mother found them, i only pray she can provide for them.


Odiambo
Odiambo is playful and sweet, as we were walking back from lunch my first day here he held my hand and led me back :) at first i though he was a trouble maker but he really isn't, just playful. Odiambo is either 4 or 5 and he was brought to the orphanage a few years ago when both of his parents died of AIDS, he too is HIV positive.

5 comments:

scammed said...

It just breaks my heart, they are so beautiful and makes you just want to do "something" and can't.

I'm so glad you get to know them and love them even for such a short while.

Hernan+ said...

Aww! Is is hard to get permission to adopt a baby?

Hernan+ said...

is it?

PappaSistas said...

THEY ARE SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I stand by my statement that if one of them "happens" to forget to leave your suitcase, I'll help babysit!

PappaSistas said...

don't tempt me!!!! they are SOOOO adorable...and if i had graduated already, and actually had money...i don't think anybody or anything could stop me from bringing one home...