01 July 2007



So I'll pick up where D left off last. Yes, the zoo. My first experience at a zoo anywhere. What better place to see your first zoo than THE first in the US. After the zoo we walked FOREVER! Okay, not entirely true. But by then I had hit the wall. I was so dead! And four people trying to make a decision rarely works out well. We ended up going out for ice cream at a place that is kind of like cold stone, but not. It was called Scoop Deville. Not bad.
I am a little fuzzy on the rest of the night, but I think we went to a fountain or something. Then I crashed. The next morning, we went to Reading Terminal and had breakfast. I had a REALLY good granola with honey and grilled grapefruit. Then we walked and walked and walked and..... waaaaalllllkkkkeeeddd. Oh my goodness. e had some great times. Rita's water ice and Philly Cheese Steaks. Like real Philadelphia cheese steaks. Another dream realized. We went on this awesome Lights of Liberty walking tour, and learned a lot of Philly history. We ordered pizza in :)
NEW YORK! Remember all the walking? Yeah, well, it NEVER STOPPED! We walked downtown NYC for a very long time! But we did get tickets to Phantom! D already filled you in on all that.
The next day Off to Ireland. That day has not yet ended for us. Yes, it was yesterday, but we are still kicking. Just very weakly. Anyway, we are going to try to post some pictures and head off to bed. There is still so much to write about NYC, I'll let someone else take that up. 'til then.

1 comment:

Diana said...

omgosh...the walking in NY almost killed me too....and I like to walk. Think of the handcart pioneers. They sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked. Try it cause I have a feeling that the walking isn't over. Love you