10 July 2007

J, Isle of Man
So I don't have a ton of time, but I love this blogspot, and wanted to take a minute to post a bit. We are on the Isle of Man now, staying with family friends. This small island has been an amazing respite for us. We were sort of stranded in Dublin as our plans didn't work out like we thought they would, and ended up staying the night at the worst hostel yet. It was noisy and crazy. I'll let D or C tell you about that one, their story is better. Anyway, we took a ferry across to the IOM in the morning, yet another crazy bit, as it ended up costing us quite a bit more than it should have. By the end of it, we were so happy to see a familiar face, we were in tears. It has been great staying here with this family. We got to make Navajo tacos last night for them and the missionaries. The tacos were yummy! Not we are exploring Douglas, and having a great time. Looks like we may have an extra traveller for part of our journey, and that'll be great! We'll have to post more about the now-christened 'terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day... sort of'
We are off next to Liverpool... Yay!

3 comments:

Eames said...

UGH! I wish I had known you were going there. I would have SO called my aunt's house! Tell my mom hi!

scammed said...

On your Grandfather Bahrt's side of the family there are origins in The Isle of Man. I do not know the connection at this moment, only know there are ancestors who lived there.

So glad you have time with friends, it can really help to be in more familiar surroundings. Just keep having a great time and be safe and know how much you are all loved.

SaraSueCrystalRenee said...

Hey ladies! Sounds like ya'll are having a blast! D-we miss you... you should check out our blog, we finally updated it :) SaraSueCrystalRenee