28 July 2007

J: Castle Rock Hostel-Edinburgh

Outside the window where I am sitting there is a jazz band playing their hearts out. It is so cool! We are in Edinbugh for the first couple of days of their Jazz and Blues Festival. I am glad to be here for this. The street musicians are amazing!

So, I am to write a bit about our culinary adventures in Scotland! We have had a couple. Of course, we got to try haggis over here. I actually liked it, C and D were fairly indifferent about it. I think they kind of liked it, but any thought of what it is actually made of cancels out any thought of actually enjoying it. Anyway, it wasn't bad. It made me think of what Gardenburgers would taste like if they were made of chicken liver :) yum yum.

We also got to try Battered Mars Bars. I actually didn't care for it at all, but C and D are fans now, they may go get another today. The guy at the Fish place gave us the mars bar for free, seeing as it was our first ever. He was really nice.

Other than that, we have done more cooking in than eating out. We have made some very interesting dishes, from korma tortelini to nacho pizza. Last night we made Pot.

Gotcha

Pot is my new name for throwing everything left over in a pot. I may not stick with that nickname, but the reaction is quite satisfying. ;) We cooked off the leftover pasta we had, and the rice. We then threw it into a pot with onion, parmesan, ranch dressing and salt. It was quite good. We ate the rest for lunch today. Of course, we had cheesy bread last night to go with it.

So that's about it for the culinary adventures of the Pappasistas! Talk to you all later!

1 comment:

Diana said...

you didn't get me. I am ungettable after what has gone on with this trip. hit the truck, room with a man, lost. not lost. as I said ...ungettable