25 July 2007

J: International Hostel, Isle of Skye

OH MY GOSH! IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL HERE! I wish I could post a picture, but the computer I am at right now won't hook up the camera. We went on a tour yesterday. It was all day around Skye. We saw so many wonderful sights. The mountains whose names I can't pronounce and the Lochs EVERYWHERE! We even got to go to a place called the Fairy Glen. There were fairy hills everywhere and even a castle. We made crowns for the fairies from reeds and flowers and left them on the hills and at the castle. We bathed our faces in the Fairy Lake so they would bless us. Cheesy, I know, but when you get there, it is so easy to take it all so seriously. The peace that surrounds this island is a palpable thing. It is like being on the edge of a cliff. So gorgeous and breathtaking. And so peaceful. I wish this was something that I could take home with me. Wrap up like the souveniers I have in my bag and unwrap back in Seaside. Something I can hold and keep forever. Maybe I'll come back here, maybe I won't, but I will certainly never forget this place.

We went today to see the Harry Potter train at the station in Mallaig. It was cool. The little fishing village is so cute, not nearly as small as Kyleakin, the one we are in now, but still very cute. More shops and such there than here. Here is mostly Hostels. Well, will write again soon (when it doesn't cost £.50 for every ten minutes. Later!
J

2 comments:

scammed said...

It sounds so wonderful. If you should "magically", with the help of the fairies, be able to wrap some and bring it home, please put in one little piece for me.

I grew up thinking that the Bitterroot Valley of Montana was the one and only place on the planet to be so beautiful. It is beautiful but so are so many other places in the world. I only wish I had time to visit them all.

I'm so excited when there is a new addition to your site. I read it, re-read it then read and share it with Dick. If I talk to Debi or you Mom before they have seen it I tell them it is there. NO, I don't read it to them.

Love you all, just keep writing when you can, it is so refreshing.

Diana said...

Fairies don't seem odd. Give the wee folk their due. love you