09 September 2009

Time for some time away...



You wouldn't think that my first night in NYC I would want to put on my jammies and chill to CSI:NY while eating chips and salsa. Yet, here I am -- happy as a clam in my I <3 Hip Hop T-shirt, staring at the Manhattan skyline and only wondering at the treasures awaiting me tomorrow.

As usual, I waited until the last minute to pack and only had 45 minutes to rest before we had to leave to get to the airport on time. You see, when I plan a trip I look at how soon I could get there and how late I can get home before reality hits. 6am flight? No problem! Except when your car is unavailable and you have to rely on your mom to take you to the airport at 2:30am. oops :)

I sat next to the cutest old couple on the plane. I asked the woman not to be offended because I was going to listen to my music and go to sleep. One of my most favorite things in my possession is my silk eye mask. It is heavenly! At one point, this cute lady saw that I was struggling to cover myself with my blanket (with no eyes, cause they were covered) and she helped me put it around me, then sweetly patted my shoulder. Cute. I snoozed all the way to Houston.

Jill picked me up in Baltimore (after more plane snoozing) and we set out immediately for NYC!!!!! We rocked to The Block and found our way to our room in Jersey City about 10pm. I have to say, I'm glad that we don't have toll roads out West. I don't get them. You have to pay to drive on the roads? hm.

An adorable mini New Seasons type store provided snacks and water and goodies for breakfast. And the day of travel is over. Tomorrow we head to Little Italy for a festival. There are rumors of a cannoli eating contest! And, who knows? A show on Broadway? We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: