22 September 2009

Let me see that sushi roll!!!


David and I have a tradition of sushi. Whenever we get together, we have to have a sushi party. So when I knew I was coming to LA, I begged to have one after church on Sunday. Chris Mann and other invited guests couldn't make it, so it was just me and 3 handsome men (sometimes life is so hard!). Jet and Kevin are from Taiwan and Jet had never made sushi before (Kevin's first sushi rolling was at our party last year). This time, David did all the shopping and I put the food and table together. I think I did pretty well…


When I opened the seafood, we had the usual crab, tuna, halibut and salmon. And then I saw the octopus. I didn’t want to mess with it (cause it's nasty), so I garnished with it. Once everyone was there, we had some miso soup and seasoned rice. Then we took turns making delicious sushi rolls. My favorite was crab with cream cheese, lemon and cucumber. Mmmmmmm…… yummy!

We showed Jet the ropes and then let him make one. BUT, we kinda started talking and not paying attention to what Jet was doing. Before we knew it, he had a megaroll going. He ended up cutting it into four pieces. I was the only one that ate it in four bites. The guys all did it in one!








When we’d had our fill, we ate some mochi (Japanese ice cream)and the guys enjoyed some plum wine. Overall, it was a great night for sushi with friends!!




2 comments:

PappaSistas said...

I LOVE SUSHI!!! and I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Jet Ma said...

Acct class is so borin, so i am so free to view ur blog!! Ur CA trip is awsome n i want eat sushi now..>_<"