20 September 2009

The Queens of Cooksie


My last day on the east coast was perfect. It is 5:30am and I’m sitting at the Baltimore airport, I haven't slept since I don't know when. I smell like smoke and my hair and makeup aren’t nearly as fabulous as they were 8 hours ago when I went out to play with the Queens of Cooksie, but I am taking some great memories with me.

For starters, the water taxi. The water taxi was our afternoon fun! There are 3 routes that take you all around the harbor for $9. Such great views of the city. We stopped at the East Harbor for lunch at James Joyce, an Irish pub. We did the water taxi loop and on our way home, some Red Sox fans (in town for the game) became our new bff's. They were there for the boys weekend and they were sauced! Such friendly and respectful drunks... and cute too!









After visiting with our new bff's, we headed home to dinner on the rooftop prepared by John's friend Drew. He made us delicious spaghetti.





Then we had to get ready to party. This is a production, let me tell you. But it was so worth it in the end. I'll introduce you to the players. Jill and I met in Utah when we were both missionaries. We were also roommates for a while, but then she moved back to Maryland and we've talked on the phone ever since. Scott and John work at the same company as Jill. They are both great. Scott is funny and can pull off a grey suit and pink shirt like no one else I've met. Johnny is such a sweetheart and has a smile that can light up Manhattan. Then there's Joey--the Italian Stallion! When he dances with you, it's like you're the only one in the room. Intense.


Scott, Joey, Jill, John

We all met up at Central and let me tell you... it is one of the best times I've had!! I danced with the hottest boys and they were sooooooo complimentary. I have to say I was nervous about partying with the gays, I didn't feel like I was cute enough. But with a little help from a makeup master I was good to go. John was adorable, as he said with a saucy wink "I might need to get your number". The words hot, smokin' and fierce were also thrown in my direction. I felt great! Everyone was concerned that I might not have a good time so they made it a point to keep me busy. And the dancing was AWESOME!!!!



It was the perfect way to end my East Coast Adventure. From Drew fixing my hair, to Derek only willing to dance with me if I LOVED Kelly Clarkson. And my favorite -- singing with Whitney at the top of our lungs. Thanks guys! I miss you!

1 comment:

PappaSistas said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! no, you are not a terrible sister who leads me to do bad things, i think you are wonderful and just know how to party!!! a lot!