20 September 2009

Heather and Koko




When I was a junior in high school, my parents started a restaurant. They moved in March to open it and I didn't want to leave, so we arranged for me to live with a friend down the street. Heather and I have now known each other for ages, but until a few days ago had not seen each other for about 10 or 12 years neither of us are certain when we last saw each other. So, knowing she was in DC I told her we had to get together. Thankfully, it worked out this time!!

I stayed Friday night with my friend Heather-used-to-be-Hughes (now I can’t spell her last name --I looked it up --Aiolupotea). We met in DC for lunch and it just wasn’t enough time to catch up on the last 12 years or so. Her sweet husband could tell we were excited to see each other and he offered their spare room for the evening. After my sightseeing adventures, I met up with Heather in time to go to a dance rehearsal with her. Heather and Koko (the husband) are Polynesian dancers. Koko is Samoan, so he is really a real Polynesian dancer! They are giving free lessons to some BYU-H alums and they are preparing for a performance at the Washington DC Temple Visitors Center. I got to meet some really great people and totally enjoyed myself. Then Heather and I drove to some of the monuments so I could get my pictures with my AMAZING new camera. I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!!!

I woke to the smell of waffles and bacon and after some Dr. Phil with Koko, Heather drove me to the temple. It is gorgeous. And the sun came out! I got some nice pics, I think. I was then delivered safely to Jill in Baltimore.

Thanks guys for your hospitality!!



This is Kope, Koko's son... sad I didn't get to meet him this time. He's so adorable!

No comments: