21 September 2009

I wish a falling star could fall forever...


As the party in Baltimore didn’t end until nearly 2am, and I hadn’t packed yet, and I had to leave for the airport at 4am… I stayed up. With my silk eye mask (my favorite thing I own) in my carryon bag I was ready to snooze on the plane. And snooze I did-on both legs of my flight. This means that I never got my V8… so I got a blanket instead.

I was so glad that David was willing to host me for a couple of days before I head to Disneyland. He is WONDERFUL! I think the perfect host. He thinks of everything! He zoomed up in his snappy Mercedes and we immediately went to In n Out where I had my first cheeseburger in 4 months! I skipped on the shake as I didn’t want to overdo it :)

After a short nap and a quick shower, we headed off to THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL!!!!! Ever since I saw “Some Kind Of Wonderful” I have wanted to go there. When I saw that my favorite band was gonna be there, I arranged to be there too! David was in charge of tickets. We saw them several years ago in Cannon Beach at the Coaster Theater with 198 other people. China wove her magic spell over us then and I thought David was gonna have to change his shirt cause of the drool coming out of his mouth. Last night was no different (except there were nearly 16,000 people. 16,000!!). THEY WERE PHENOMENAL!!!!!!

We got a picnic to enjoy before the show. David brought me up to the top of the hill, like as far away from the stage as is possible. I asked if we were going to a picnic area, or if there was a place to eat at our seats. He informed me that we would just eat off our laps. I guess the look I gave him said “Uh. NO we aren’t” I noticed that someone was renting cushions for the hard benches and I sent a memo to myself to make David go get me one. At the top of the hill, our view was worth it. We could see the stage AND the Hollywood sign. So cool!



I asked him again if he knew where we were going. “Oh, yeah. I got this” he tells me. We get to the first set of ushers and they tell us “you guys are way at the front” David starts chuckling at his little joke… I couldn’t believe he made me walk all the way to the top of the hill!!

Each set of ushers we met kept telling us to go closer. We finally found our spot and it was PERFECT! David whipped out the white tablecloth and wine glasses and we had ourselves a nice little dinner.






It was the best beginning to one of the best concert experiences I’ve ever had. We were so close that I didn’t need my glasses. I am sure China could see David drooling over her, and Robert could see me making googly eyes at him. The show was superb. Although I just saw them in June, they played some songs I had never heard. They also had some GREAT special guests.

Here are some things I love about Pink Martini. Thomas is a theatrical classically trained pianist and I love to watch him! You can see that he loves his job. And he is so funny and sometimes awkward. China has a beautiful voice. She continually improves and hones her talent. Every single one of the musicians is EXCELLENT in their own right, and together they are DYNAMIC! They perform all across the world and cater to their worldwide audience. They have recently added a Turkish song to their repertoire. They find ways and songs to feature the talents of thier musicians and I love it!

I didn’t want the show to end. It eventually did (but not until the encore Brazil complete with guests and family on stage) and we made our way home. I totally fell asleep in the car. An exhausting and wonderful day!







1 comment:

PappaSistas said...

WAHH!!!! i am so jealous! as i should be :) Danita, i am so happy you are having the adventure of a lifetime!!! LIVE IT!