23 December 2008

Our Day In Hollywood!

Our Day in California!
Unfortunately because we had to take…I mean, got to take a side trip to Lake Havasu, we only got one full day in the sunny California. However, that day was filled with all sorts of adventure! We woke up early, at the crack of 8am, and took our time getting ready, at about 9:30 we left the house and made our way to Porto’s Bakery, HOLY COW! Talk about a bakery! It was a truly amazing sight! And the taste was even better! We got there too late to eat breakfast, so we ordered sandwiches which were so tasty, I think J’s was the best, I forget what it was, but it was great! We also got to see Kate, she was headed up to Oregon from San Diego, so we got to visit with her for a bit.
Portos Goodies

Us...

We then took a trip to the Americana Mall, just so we could look at all of the stuff rich people like to buy. I found probably the softest leather jacket that anyone in the history of the world has ever felt…it was $750, I don’t wish I had that jacket, I just wish I could afford to buy that jacket . Anyway, we went to another mall, I forget what it’s called, but we went to buy toys (no, not because we were bored). Earlier that morning David was looking online for stuff we could do that day and he found that Knott’s Berry Farm was doing a Toys for Tots drive. If we brought a toy valued at $10 or more you get in for free! So we went to buy toys.
After we got the toys we headed to Hollywood. We didn’t explore Hollywood Blvd. as much as I wanted to, but we also didn’t have as much time as I wanted…We got to take a tour of the Kodak Theatre, it was so cool! We found out a lot of interesting stuff, like if you go out of the public eye for too long, you won’t get invited to come back to the Academy Awards, you’ll be put into a lottery…it’s sad. However we also found out that in the year 2010 the Kodak Theatre is only going to host the Academy Awards and…CIRQUE DU SOLEIL!!! Yes, that’s right, they are going to make a special show for Hollywood and play it exclusively at the Kodak Theatre, we are definitely going to see it! After the Theatre tour we headed outside to Grauman’s Chinese Theatre to see the Handprints! It was fun to see all of them and the Theatre is AMAZING! I found my hand twin…Jack Oakie…I have no idea who he is…I should look that up .
In Front of the Kodak

My hand twin!



Tomoko was supposed to meet us for the Kodak tour, but she got really lost, so instead she met us at Pink’s, pink’s is the best Hot Dog stand ever! Truly amazing…and everybody thinks so! We waited in line for about and hour and a half, and it was gone in about ten minutes. It was so so tasty! And we got to see Tomo, which was a major plus!





To top off our night we headed to Knott’s Berry Farm. Knott’s Berry Farm is a theme park of sorts, I mean, of course you’ve heard of their jam, and cookies, and yummyness, but they also have rides and shops and Snoopy. We got there at about 7:30 so we only had 2.5 hours to play before they closed. The first ride we went on was the Supreme Scream, if you’ve been to Vegas it’s called the Big Shot, except this one is bigg. In fact it is the largest descending ride in the world…you sit in a chair with your feet dangling below and it takes you way up to the top and then drops you, it brings you up again, and drops you again. You must know that I have not been on a ride since I was about 8 years old, so to go on a ride like this was either the worst, or the best thing I could have possibly done…I’ll let you decide. By the end of it I was practically hyperventilating, and laughing, and almost crying. It was truly amazing, that was the only ride that J went on, but D and David and I wanted more! We went on another ride called the Boomerang and then the Park was closing, David and I ran to another ride and got in right as they closed the ride. We were the last ones they let on . That was the best one, I don’t know if it was because it was the longest, the last one, or if it was because we barely got on…maybe it was a mixture of the three . D and J didn’t make it to the ride in time, but that was okay, because J wanted to go find the gift shop anyway.
One of the coolest parts of the night was driving in David’s Mercedes convertible, it had screens in the headrest’s and we watched a U2 DVD. Wow, I didn’t know I liked U2, but I really do . We also got to watch a Dave Matthews Band DVD as well. So fun! It was a Blast!!!
After the ride

David and Grace

1 comment:

Riley Family said...

Fabulous! Looks like a HUGE amount of fun!!! You girls have done it all this trip...seriously!!! I love catching up with you! Are you home yet? Keep having fun and Merry Christmas!