18 December 2008

Day One Vegas: We're Driving, We're Driving

So... it is my turn to blog... prepare yourself because a lot has happened and I am going to tell you ALL of it! Casey and I left Rexburg in the afternoon on Saturday. We were headed to SLC to meet up with my mom and sister. Then we were all heading to VEGAS! Yippee. To tell you the truth, I was not totally excited about the trip. I mean, I was happy to spend time with my mom and sisters, but Vegas has never really been on my wishlist, but whatever... it was an adventure. We drove FOREVER! We got into SLC while Mom and D were out to dinner, so Casey and I walked around temple square for an hour or so. Then we went to a little place called the OBT or Off Broadway Theatre, and met up with Mom and Danita to watch the play Its a Wondrous Life. Yes, I got the title right. OBT is a spoof/improv theatre that specializes in wierd. The play was great. It was funny and strange. After the play we went and crashed at Russ' house, then headed to Vegas the next day. We stopped over in St. George and visited the vistor's venter at the temple there. It was SO beautiful! Then we continued our squished little journey towards Vegas. It was a long car ride, and it was just getting dark when we got there. We first went to our hotel, dropped off all of our stuff and went to get something to eat. We were trying to keep it simple, so we went to in-and-out burger, where their chocolate shakes are 'light colored' (aka vanilla) and their burgers have a secret ingredient (grilled onions, yum!) Then we drove up and down the strip looking at all of the ginormous buildings and trying not to get in a car wreck as we couldn't really keep our eyes on the road. We finally went back to the hotel and crashed again (not the car, just ourselves) in our dinky little hotel room with the ice machine outside that, in my mother's words, sounded like a jet engine.... not even close to being finished...

No comments: